Just book marking Elements of Simplicity have to think about this for a few minutes.. Funny how the trailing slide is a 2x2 matrix turn 45’ to make it a “diamond”.
The Grid is:
Cost — [lower … higher]
Benefit — [ lower … higher]
Giving these key points:
- 0,0 — frustration (low benefit, high cost)
- 0,1 — contentment (high benefit, high cost)
- 1,0 — concession (low cost, low benefit)
- 1,1 — delight (low cost, high benefit)
- 0.5, 0.5 — satisfaction
Of course there were 6 elements:
- Physical Effort
- Brain Cycles
- Social Deviance
- Non-Routine [we like routine]
Thinking about this and my Xside ideas… maybe life in general.